Monday, 11 October 2010

FINITO! The Quilt.

So this is what all the drawings were for! After completing the images I printed them all onto transfer paper, cut them on the diagonal and ironed them onto fabric. Each triangle made up a piece of this quilt pattern.
I ended up making just under 32 in the end and then some of them did not transfer properly onto the fabric so I ended up with a quilt a few triangles shorter than I had planned but it was still a major undertaking so I am not gonna feel too bad :)
These (far from perfect!) photos show you how it was made plus my gorgeous new red sewing machine. The final image is the finished thing backed onto brightly coloured fabric! Handed it in today so let's hope that my tutor likes it!!


  1. Wow, this is amazing!! :) well done!

  2. Thanks Abby! It's taken forever but it worked out ok in the end (thankfully!!) x

  3. Lovely Stacie! I love that you took a traditional idea like a quilt and put a new spin on it.