Baby Cherry has been growing and kicking a lot in the last seven weeks (and making sure I've had plenty of backache and trips to the loo!). My body is now at least 70% bump and a good 20% boob ;)
Months six and seven have been a lot more relaxed than the ones before, here are six more things Baby has taught me lately...
2. After the big gap between scans there are loads of midwife appointments to look forward to all of a sudden. Every few weeks it's nice to go back to hear baby's heartbeat and know that she is growing ok. These appointments are a big relief when you're a bit of a nervous wreck like I am!
3. I believed I would spend at least a few months eating cake and stuffing my face every five minutes. Turns out it's not actually possible to fit that much food in when your insides are already full of baby. This could be a blessing in disguise though...
4. Leaky boobs, sore ribs, lots of backache and super tight stomach are all part of the fun of these few weeks. But feeling lots of kicks and wiggles definitely makes up for all of those things!! It's great now Jon has been able to feel - and see! - some of her somersaults too.
5. Turns out it is just not possible to work all the hours I used to! I'm learning the hard way that growing a human is a job in itself and is a teeny bit exhausting... I'm considering scheduling a few naps into my working days ;)
6. As she gets bigger and closer to being born it just gets more and more exciting. I overheard someone the other day saying how they didn't feel a proper bond with their baby until the birth but I think I've felt that attachment from day one - and even more so when we found out the sex of our baby and we could name her. I already feel like she's the most amazing little mini person in the world.