Thursday, 13 November 2014

Christmas llustrations for Joules

Earlier this year I was contacted by the lovely design team at Joules to help them create some artwork specially for their womenswear Christmas ranges. More used to illustrating cards and prints this was a really exciting brief for me and took me back to my Art Foundation at London College of Fashion many moons ago!


I got to visit the Joules Head Office and spent a day sat in with their design team before presenting my ideas to the head of design. They wanted a selection of animals and typographic designs and eventually progressed five ideas to final artwork.

I've been waiting for months for the jumpers to be released but they've finally hit the website.



As you can see, they have adapted my original artwork in house and used the ideas across a couple of different knitwear and jersey options. Whilst it would have been nice to see the jumpers made in the exact designs I created, I am still happy to see my ideas have made it to production!
There are a few designs that I haven't yet seen so hopefully these made it to production too and will appear in the shops before Christmas.

It was great fun working with the high street, I'm hoping 2015 will bring other freelance opportunities so if you want to commission me get in touch!!

xx


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Stacie! So exciting, I love Joules so will keep an eye out for the jumpers.

    ReplyDelete