Saturday, 23 August 2014

First Anniversary Paper Gifts | For My Husband



















































Today Jon and I have been married a year!
You might have seen my post the other day about first wedding anniversary gifts... I found it tough trying to find the perfect paper presents for him, after much deliberating here's what I came up with!

A Year Of Dates
This idea is all over Pinterest, with tons of variations and date ideas, it's a great one to adapt and personalise to suit your relationship or special occasion.

I decided to hand-make a series of envelopes and label one for every month until our next anniversary. Inside each envelope is a date idea I have planned. I thought this would be a great way to make sure we have a 'date night' each month; some are more expensive than others, some don't involve leaving the house and some are things we have done before, and enjoyed. I will keep you updated on what we get up to!

Photo Frame
I love this mulit-aperture Umbra photo frame, there is room for 16 square photos (great if you print directly from Instagram!). I filled the first square with a photo from our wedding day, the rest with pretty constellation paper. The 15 gaps will get filled in with a photo each year on our anniversary, so the frame won't be full until 2029! It'll be nice to look back and see how we change each year, and to have a ongoing record of our marriage. In the meantime, the pretty paper means it's nice enough to hang up even though the spaces are empty.

What do you think? What did you give (or receive) on your first wedding anniversary?

xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts, happy anniversary! If you're looking for a super sweet & sentimental gift for a future anniversary, consider http://mydayregistry.com/gifts/anniversary-gift/, which is a truly one of a kind gift that your loved one will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make the date envelopes yourself?

    ReplyDelete