Thursday, 7 August 2014

Crochet Class at The Shop At Forty






On Tuesday night I went along to STACIE SWIFT stockist and general shop of amazingness, The Shop At Forty, for a Crochet Class run by a lovely lady called Lucy.

Now, coordination and following instructions are not my strong points, but even I sort of got the hang of chains and trebles and rings by the end of the session! A minor miracle!

It was so much fun learning something new and to top it all off there was a delicious sprinkle-covered cake to end the evening with. I enjoyed myself so much I am meeting up with Lilly from That's Sew Lilly tomorrow to practise my new skills, my goal is to make a blanket by this time next year (it could definitely take me a while!!).

Next on my list is to attend The Shop At Forty's  Lampshade Workshop. I'll be giving Kirstie Allsop a run for her money soon ;)

Have a browse at the upcoming workshops on The Shop At Forty website if you want to try your hand at a new skill. Plus Sharon, the owner, is super lovely - and I defy you to leave without buying at least one thing every time you visit!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment