Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Birthday Bake | Lemon Layer Cake




Yesterday was Jon's birthday - and another great excuse for cake! I had a lot of lemons in the fridge so decided a Lemon Layer Cake would be the perfect birthday cake for my favourite person.

I used this recipe from the Cath Kidston blog and adapted it a little bit; some extra lemon rind into the batter made this cake extra lemony, and I left out the yellow food colouring too (because I didn't have any!).
Mine ended up being at two layer cake as I found that there wasn't enough mix to make three layers in my tins, we didn't mind though, it was really tasty and made a nice change from chocolate or banana which are my usual go-to bakes.

I pin lots of baking ideas to my Food board on Pinterest if you fancy some more foodie inspiration. Or feel free to recommend your favourites too, I do love to try new recipes!

xx

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, love your heart plate!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey! The plates were a bargain from Tiger too :) x

    ReplyDelete