Wednesday, 2 July 2014

DIY: Upcycled Office Chair



The STACIE SWIFT studio is still very much a work in progress, we're moving to a bigger space later this year so in the meantime I have been trying to find ways to make the best of what I've got!

...Cue this super gross, old and very dirty, orange chair... Jon spotted it being thrown out by one of the neighbours so I hot footed it to their house in my pyjamas and rescued it from being thrown away.
 At the time I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to salvage it, but this gorgeous Cath Kidston Royal Rose fabric was the inspiration I needed:  Big Rose Pattern. Clashing Brights. Bargain Price. PERFECT.

Armed with a staple gun, a screwdriver and some scissors I dismantled (and then cleaned!!) the grotty chair and spent a pleasant afternoon in the sunshine recovering it in this gorgeous print. It took a bit of brute force and some patience but it was definitely worth it. Even baby Beans is impressed!




My next project is going to be either a blind or a curtain I think. Any tips?

xx





6 comments:

  1. What an amazing transformation! You really made that office chair your own, with the fabulous floral print. I'm sure your office will look even more spectacular with that addition. Thank you for sharing. All the best to you! :)

    Hubert Cole @ PearCom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a resourceful person. I must say that it is indeed a great transformation that don't need a huge amount. A simple make-over in this office chair is a great start to transform your office furniture to benefit your business. You can check more office furniture transformation from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to do a follow up article? Would love to know what happens next.

    Amela
    Reception furniture supplier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written.
    best office chair under 200 bucks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thoughtful.Through smart working you have converted an old chair into a new look.It is a very good transformation and i will definitely use this idea at my home for old chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rummage around for defective casters/wheels, loose securing bolts, loose arms, broken mechanism, and proof of cracks on the bottom of the chair from stress. If any of those components square measure broken, contact your piece of furniture dealer to ascertain if these components square measure below warrantee. As aforesaid, if your chair features a sensible warrantee, you must be able to get these replacement components shipped to you for free of charge.

    ReplyDelete