Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Food: Rich Chocolate Cake


























I baked this cake for our engagement meal last year and since then my sister has been going on at me to bake another one. It's only taken me 12 months but I've finally gotten round to it!

It's a really dense chocolate cake, very rich and super tasty...

The recipe calls for dark chocolate but I used plain chocolate as that's what I had in the pantry.

Here's what you will need:

Cake
185g unsalted butter (chopped)
259g dark chocolate chips
215g self raising flour
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
375g caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten

Chocolate Topping

20g unsalted butter
125g dark chocolate


To make the cake //
  • Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a baking tin (recipe recommends 22cm)
  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, stirring occasionally
  • Take off the heat and add the sugar, egg and 250ml of water and mix well
  • In a separate bowl sift the flour and cocoa, add the chocolate mix and stir until well combined
  • Pop the mix into your cake tin and leave to cook for 1 hour 30 mins 
  • Leave to cool!

To make the topping //

  • Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water until it has melted
  • Spread over your cooled cake 

So delicious, and great with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold evening - Enjoy!

xx














3 comments:

  1. that looks fine! will need to add this to my 'too-bake' list!
    Lauren
    ohhayblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will get round to it sooner than I did Lauren! Let me know if you blog your baking too! x

    ReplyDelete