Saturday, 12 October 2013

Our Wedding Day!







I thought it was about time I gave you a little look at some of our wedding photos! It all feels like a lifetime ago already; I can honestly say it was the most perfect day - everything I'd hoped for and more.

From the get-go we knew we wanted a relaxed family-friendly wedding in a country setting. Our church seated less than 80 people so it was always going to be an intimate affair and was of course always, always going to have lots of handmade and vintage-inspired details.


We chose a blue and white theme with pinks... and so the Vivienne Westwood Melissa shoes were the perfect choice - and were a nice surprise under my traditional, long gown. Talking of which, I loved this dress from the minute I put it on. I was so keen for my dress to be lacy, 50s inspired and high necked - this was the second dress I ever tried on and I knew straight away it was mine. I kept in on until the wee hours, dancing away to old school garage and Oasis songs like I was 14 again (I couldn't keep it classy for the whole day)!

Bridesmaid dresses on the other hand were a bit more of a challenge, the girls are such different body shapes that it took me some time to find a dress I loved in the right colour and style that would suit them both. In the end we found these gorgeous wrap dresses - able to tie into tens of different styles; we found a shape that suited them both and meant that they matched but were not identical which I was super pleased with. Our page boy wore navy converse and our flower girl little pink roses in her hair, it was so nice to see all the little details come together on the day without it being too overbearing or matchy-matchy :)

My other most favourite of favourite things - apart from the bit where I married my best friend and spent the day with the loveliest people we know - was the car. A stunning late 50s Cadillac, it was my Alabama moment (True Romance is one of our most-loved films!).

So much time and effort went into our wedding that it was amazing to finally sit back and think 'we did it' - and to see so much appreciation for our handmade touches - I have another post coming full of my DIYs, decoration and details so if you aren't bored of wedding photos yet, there's plenty to follow!

xx





3 comments:

  1. ahhhh it all looks so lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful Stacie! Love the dress and shoes!

    I'm playing with the idea of featuring some 'real weddings' on my wedding blog - http://www.weddingreceptionidea.co.uk Would you be interested in taking part at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    Sounds good Laura, I'd love to . Let me know what you need from me :) xx

    ReplyDelete