Friday, 15 February 2013

Friday Favourite: Loula Belle at Home

Loula Belle at Home is another fab business I have found through facebook - lots of pretty papercuts and stylish homeware from Leonie.

Leonie has been kind enough to share the Stacie Swift Illustration page a few times and I was really keen to include her work as a Friday Favourite. Here's a peek into her creative business...



Describe your creative process… do you keep sketchbooks or mood boards?
My creative process is pretty sloppy.  I am not a trained artist, and I don't have the discipline to create lots of preliminary sketches before I create a piece of work.  I have lots of images floating around in my head, and I do have sketch books filled with doodles,ideas and some magazine cuttings, but more often than not I get a picture of what I want in my head and just have to get it down.  Sometimes I draw a very rough sketch, but often I just start on my final piece and go with the flow... eager to start cutting!

What is your desk or work space like?
My desk space is rather lovely (at the moment).  I spent some time just after Christmas organizing it.  I now have some shelves filled with items that I use frequently, some of my sketchbooks, and pretty things that make me smile.  My desk has a huge cutting mat with my laptop perched at the end.  It is facing away from the door and the rest of the house... my little sanctuary away from the rest of the world!


What are your must-read blogs?
To be honest, I struggle to find time to write my own blog these days so don't spend much time reading other peoples.  If I do have spare time I often find myself heading over to Print & Pattern as it provides a wealth of inspiration.  I do however spend quite a bit of time on facebook.  I like to see what other artists are up to, and try to share work I like as much as possible.  

Which piece of work or item in your shop are you most pleased with?
Eeeek, choosing a favourite.  I can't say I am 100% happy with every piece of work I create, but it is difficult to choose a favourite.  My Memory Trees have a very special place in my heart, however I do love my 'A Woodland Tale' papercut.  It got lots of elements in it that I love, and I think it is very 'me'!  I am also really chuffed with the fabrics that I designed last year too though, my Foxy Loxy one in particular, although I do love the pear one too.  They look great made up into my wash bags.







What are your favourite shops for handmade items?

I find that I do most of my shopping on-line.  I really struggle when it comes to high street shopping.  I would rather be spending my time doing something else!  Most of last years Christmas presents were bought online direct from artists that I have found through facebook.

Do you have any pets? Stacie Swift Illustration is a big fan of four legged  friends so would be great to feature them too!
We don't have any pets.  We used to have two cats but one was run over not long after we moved house and the other died a year or so later.  Although I would like to have a couple of cats, we live too close to the main rd and I would be devastated if another accident occurred!  We also have two monkeys that keep our hands full!
Find the Loula Belle at Home facebook page here and don't forget to pop over to Leonie's shop  too!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment