Friday, 4 January 2013

Friday Favourites: Scarlett's Secret

With so many great small and handmade businesses out there I wanted to start sharing some of my favourites with you each week.

This week, in the run up to my birthday, the focus is very much on cake! Scarlett's Secret is a gorgeous cupcake company run by the talented Scarlett Hanson. I asked Scarlett a few questions about her beautiful bakes.



How do you come up with new cupcake designs and recipes?
I come up with new cupcake designs by looking at different recipes and ideas and introducing my own style to it - which is simple with not over complicating it.




What is your desk or work space like?

My work space is a clear surface with everything I need compact into the same area.




Which cakes are you most pleased with?
The cakes which I am best pleased with are my most popular. Chocolate, Vanilla and Red Velvet. I think these have a particular elegance about them, and to me are not just an average cupcake.



What are your favourite shops for handmade items?
My favourite shop for handmade items is MAP on Junction Road, Archway. It's like a mini Selfridges that is just the most exquisite little place you could know.

Where can we find your gorgeous goodies?
I sell my cakes at Archway Market every other Saturday, and they can also be ordered privately through my facebook page 'Scarlett's Secret'.


Be sure to check out Scarlett's page for more photos and updates.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Scarlett's cakes are just amazing. I love them.She uses fresh ingredients which are evident just from the first mouthful. MAP is also a brilliant shop as Scarlett says, a mini Selfridge's is a great comparison. My cakes always come from Scarlett's Secret and my gifts come from MAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extraordinary talented young women who goes from strength to strength - I am thoroughly convinced her business will become a raving success in this coming year, but please remember only you can make it such whilst enjoying these marvellous cakes which are totally organic!

    ReplyDelete