Thursday, 3 January 2013

Beautiful Books: Type




Type - A Visual History of Typefaces and Graphic Styles - Volume 1 1628-1900

                                                                            



I received this book for Christmas and have been dying to share it ever since. It is so beautiful.  Though I haven't managed to read through it all I couldn't wait to share some of the illustrations.

Detailing the history of fonts and graphics from 1628 this book is a proper guide to printed letters - and much more appealing than the tiresome Art History lectures I avoided at Uni. 

The pages are full of illustrative examples with beautiful gold embossing throughout and some stunning images from colour catalogues.

Birdie (as always) muscled in on the action. She particularly liked this page of fish!

Highly recommended if you want to learn more about graphics and fonts - or if you just like really well designed and beautiful books!

xx

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderful book! I may have to purchase myself one. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning! You can't beat a good book :) x

    ReplyDelete