I love a good read. I get emotionally attached to the characters; I have been known to cry at a sad ending well beyond the closing of the back cover . I love the rush to get through the pages to find out what happens next. Nothing has quite the same appeal to me as a really good book.
Here are a few of my favourites.
- One Day ~ David Nicholls
- A Head Full of Blue ~ Nick Johnstone
- Lolita ~ Vladimir Nabokov
- The Man With the Dancing Eyes ~ Sophie Dahl
- A Million Little Pieces ~ James Frey
- Chocolat ~ Joanne Harris
- The Time Traveler's Wife ~ Audrey Niffenegger
- Sleepers ~ Lorenzo Carcaterra
- The Lovely Bones ~ Alice Sebold
- Book of Fairy Tales ~ Angela Carter
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer ~ Patrick Suskind
- The Color Purple ~ Alice Walker
- The Great Gatsby ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
- The Five People You Meet In Heave ~ Mitch Albom
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake ~ Aimee Bender
- Water for Elephants ~ Sara Gruen
Do you have any 'must-read' recommendations??