Thursday, 25 October 2012

Private View: Old School Exhibition at SMUG

Yesterday I made the journey back to London for the Private View of SMUG's Old School Exhibition - a selection of illustration, design and props all created in response the the Old School theme.

Curated by Lizzie (owner of SMUG and general lovely person) and Laura Gee (super talented illustrator and prop maker), this show definitely lived up to my expectations. It was really interesting to see the different interpretations of the theme and so much fun too! Anywhere that greets you with party rings and pink wafers as the snack of choice is a winner in my books!!







As always, everything was displayed fabulously. These retro school desks look brilliant with the products and prints stacked high inside them, a great little home for my Alphabet Prints - look how happy that sloth looks ;)

Though as always I wanted to buy EVERYTHING I was well behaved and limited myself to one print. I fell in love with this illustration by Fiona Biddington, perfect for our new home once the walls are decorated!

If you fancy a trip to SMUG and a peek at all this wonderful work the show runs until after Christmas. Just a stone's throw from Angel station, the address is 13 Camden Passage, Islington, N1 8EA.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment