Friday, 26 October 2012

Listed: 25 Things About Me



I know I am not alone in enjoying writing lists.   

Mine are mostly confined to the ‘To Do’ variety, I have an innate need to be organised and have a plan of action for every occasion. Whilst I can keep a certain amount of information in my little head, nothing is better than having it written in ink (always pen and paper, none of this hi tech stuff!).

My attraction to lists also extends to reading other peoples’ and so I have decided to follow the lead of some of my favourite blogs (including Zoe’s here that I read regularly) and start blogging some lists in the hope that you might actually find the categorising of what goes in my brain interesting too…
Here goes with list number one, a list of things about me:



1.    I’m 26 years old. Old being the operative word, I am like an old woman. I like being indoors with my cats, cooking a good dinner and making sure the house is tidy.
2.    I’m quite small, well, 5’2” and wear shoes in size 3 or 4 depending on the style.
3.   My middle name is Jaine with an I.
4.    I was born in central London and lived there until about 2 years ago. Lots of people are amazed to meet a born and bred Londoner in the capital!
5.    Despite not being able to swim properly I love being by the seaside. Nothing is nicer than the sounds of the sea.
6.    When I was little I wanted to be a Hot Dog Lady when I grew up. I really liked hot dogs...
7.    On the other hand, I really don’t like fish or seafood. Even a fish finger will send me running.
8.    I am obsessed with cookery shows and the Crime channel.
9.    I also have a bit of a long term obsession with lingerie and went through a phase of wanting to be a lingerie designer; instead I ended up selling knickers at Agent Provocateur.
10. My first proper job was in Selfridges in Oxford Street in the home department.
11. My favourite customer there was Gwen Stefani  - she came in to buy a chandelier. I love her A LOT.
12. The worst ‘celebrity’ I ever served was the lady who plays Gail in Coronation Street – I refused her a refund and she actually pushed me and then ran away!
13. I can’t abide rudeness and am one of those people who say ‘THANK YOU’ very loudly after people who forget their manners.
14. Poor spelling and grammar also drives me insane; I am not perfect by any means but say ‘would of’ instead of ‘would have’ and I am likely to scream.
15. I love learning and need to dedicate more time to visiting museums and galleries again.
16. Teaching kids new things is great too. I am going to end up like the old lady who lived in a shoe with about six million children. I can’t wait to be a mum.
17. Without my mum I’d be lost. She is the one who has always said I should follow my dreams and is the person I can rely on any time for anything.
18. She’s also the one who has shown me that it is possible to pick yourself up and keep going no matter what life throws at you!
19. I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason.
20. I also have a small part of me that continues to believe in Father Christmas even though I know the truth. Still caught up in the magic!
21. Christmas is without doubt my most favourite time of the year.
22. Oxford Street/Regent Street at Christmas, with the buzz, the decorations and the lights is AMAZING. Even with all the chaos I find it magical.
23. Nothing makes me happier than a Christmas stocking. I still received one from my mum until I was 25…
24. I love giving presents and spend ages thinking through the perfect gift ideas and making sure they are all wrapped nicely. Thoughtless gifts are awful, it’s better just not to bother at all!
25. Nice cards are also a must. Even though I design cards for a living I still spend a fortune on other cards to make sure I get the perfect one!

xx

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacie :) I enjoyed reading your list, my grammer is awful, please don't scream at me! ;-) Happy December ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebekah! Happy December to you, too! :D x

    ReplyDelete