Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Have faith in your dreams, and someday your rainbow will come smiling through


This is a very different post to the one I had planned to write today, I wanted to tell you about one of my dreams coming true and instead I will tell you about two! Sometimes life has a way of throwing things at you all at once and this has definitely been one of those weeks.

My first bit of good news came last Thursday when I celebrated my final day at my office job. No more 9 - 5, no more office politics, no more feeling as though my life is passing me by without me really giving my business a go.
I hung up my PA hat and today begin my journey as full time freelance illustrator. It's a jump I had been hoping to make for a while and it was one of those now or never situations. Waking up this morning knowing what happens next is down to me is both exciting and daunting at the same time! Expect lots of updates along the way...



My second bit of good news is equally as life changing - and some of you might have seen this on Twitter over the weekend. After leaving my job on Thursday, me and my boyfriend, Jon, were planning on going to Lake District for the weekend... or so I thought. Once I got to Kings Cross station on Friday morning I got the biggest surprise when instead of getting on the tube to Paddington, I was whisked off on the Eurostar and taken to the stunningly romantic city of Bruges instead. It is beautiful. One of the prettiest places I have ever been.

As if that wasn't enough, my lovely Jon got down on one knee on Friday evening and asked me to be his wife. I couldn't be happier.




I know people say that, but I really couldn't be happier. I have my dream job and am engaged to the love of my life. This might all be a bit sickly and gushy - and a bit of a departure from my usual posts - but I hope you'll enjoy reading the ups and downs that will come with a new career and planning a wedding (and then there's the fact we're moving house, but more on that another time)!

Here's to dreams coming true!

xx

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! Good luck with it all, I really hope you make it work. I'm not as brave yet to do freelancing full time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !! i am so so happy for you stacie, you deserve it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! congratualtions! this is wonderful news! i'm tickled pink for you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Congratulations on both counts! Getting married to the love of my life and quitting my job to be self employed are the two single best things I ever did. So happy for you and looking forward to hearing of the upcoming adventures! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments!!!! :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete