Friday, 10 August 2012

Food: Summer Smoothie




The sun is shining and I am on a bit of  a health drive at the moment. After a weekend of eating waffles and frites in Bruges I came back on Tuesday, wedding planning on the brain and full of food, and decided to make some changes.


I dug out my hand blender and have started making breakfast smoothies as a way of getting in my five a day and avoiding the toast and peanut butter.

To make this delicious drink you will need:
  • handful of frozen berries
  • chopped banana
  • glass of orange juice
  • a few ice cubes
All you need to do is pop all the ingredients in a jug and blend away! Add more orange juice to make it less thick  - the frozen berries make this really cold and very tasty.

Any smoothie or breakfast recipes you can recommend?

xx


1 comment:

  1. Hey my newest favorite is to have berries, a bit of agave nectar, some green tea and mint leaves. Then blend, the frozen fruit keeps it cold and the mint makes it refreshing and the green tea is barely noticeable but extra goodness!

    ReplyDelete