Another easy to make dish, I had this for dinner last night - it only really takes about 15 minutes to make - which is good when you have a million things to pack and organise like I did!
Not exactly a low fat option but it is really tasty...
Here's what you will need:
- Pasta e.g. spaghetti or tagliatelle
- Single cream, one small pot
- 2 eggs
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bacon or pancetta (I used a packet of bacon lardons to make it easier)
- Small onion or shallot, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
And the super simple steps to make it:
- Put pasta on to boil in a pan of salted water. Whilst it's boiling put the garlic, onion and bacon into a pan with a little bit of butter and leave to turn golden.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream, eggs and most of the parmesan together and season with pepper.
- Drain the pasta and mix in the bacon mixture and the cream mixture making sure the pasta is evenly coated. Serve with a bit more parmesan and some more black pepper.
I'll also be posting my lemon drizzle recipe cake later this week too. Let's hope I burn some calories dragging my suitcase of goodies to the Wonder Hill Market in London today!