Saturday, 21 April 2012

Framed





As I mentioned in my last post, I made some decisions on presenitng my work after the Of Cabbages and Kings Market based on some of the things I saw on the day. One of my decisions was to start selling my prints already framed.

I think people like to see a 'finished' product and it's nice to be able to go and put something straight on the wall when you get home! I reckon this makes it that bit easier to give prints as gifts too.

All prints A4 and A5 are available for framing in either black or white frames. You can see a selection in my shop as always, I'm quite pleased with how they look in the photos. Tempted to put some up in my studio...or is that a bit odd?!


What do you think of framed prints? Do you sell your artwork pre-framed?

xx

4 comments:

  1. I think giving people the option of framed or unframed is a great idea for the shop - either in one listing or as separate listings. Have you bought a lot of frames in bulk because your prices are VERY reasonable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Framed is a good idea...I sell both and found that people buy more unframed at markets if they see the framed ones on the stall. Yes where do you buy your frames ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am hoping the option will have a positive effect - it's interesting that you think sale increase at fairs Rebekah, I'm keen to find out!

    These frames are some that I have at home, from a mix of places (chain stores and I think one was from a supermarket home range). I bought a few a while ago for taking photos and had some still in the wrapper. I think it's possible to get them fairly cheap if you stick to standard sizes?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sell both at markets too. I agree with Rebekah, people tend to buy more unframed prints when I have some framed for display (especially the multiple prints in one frame option), as they can more easily picture how they'll work for them. And as you say, some people prefer a finished product, especially for a gift, so it's good to have both. I get frames from Ikea as they are standard sizes, inexpensive and look good.

    ReplyDelete