Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Food: Easy-Peasy Easter Chocolate Brownies






Today Mummy Swift, my sister and my nephew, Little Ted, came to visit as I have been enjoying some time off of my day job. Chocolate brownies were specially requested so thought I'd share the recipe!

These are simple to make and would be a great alternative to Easter eggs, especially if you wrapped them up as gifts. Or, this could be a great way of using up chocolate eggs.

You will need:

  • 80g butter
  • 40g cocoa powder
  • 145g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs (room temperature)
  • 60g plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 100g chocolate chips/cut up chocolate bar


Six Simple Steps:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a shallow tin (rectangular or square works well)
  2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
  3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa and sugar, then stir in the eggs
  4. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the saucepan and mix in
  5. Add in the chocolate chips, then pour the mix into the baking tin
  6. Bake for 30mins and then leave to cool



Brownies aside - and devoured!  - I was the lucky recipient of these gorgeous tulips, a gift from my Teddy (with a little help from my Mum and sister of course).


I'm completely and ridiculously in love with my little chunky monkey, LOTS more cuddles (and more baking) ahead for the Easter weekend for sure!


(Ted holding hands with Uncle Jon)


Hope you all have some fun plans for the long weekend (I'm hoping to get some new products online in the next few days!), let me know if you get a chance to try out this recipe - or if you have any of your own favourites to share too!


xx


*recipe taken from 'cakes and slices' (murdoch books)

No comments:

Post a Comment