Friday, 30 March 2012

Food: Little Lemon Stars


I had a lovely day baking yesterday and thought I'd share this little biscuit recipe with you.

You will need:

  • 250g butter , softened
  • 140g caster sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 300g plain flour
  • lemons
  • icing sugar



1. Mix butter and caster sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Add zest of 2 lemons to the mixture.

2. Add the egg yolk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and beat to combine.

3. Sift flour into the bowl and stir until everything is combined.

4. Mix in with your hands to make sure the dough all sticks together!

5. Chill in the fridge for a short while... I guessed at around 25 minutes

6. After chilling roll the dough out and cut into shapes (stars aren't compulsory!)

7. Bake at 180C/gas mark 4 for approx. 15 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.

8. Make the lemony icing by mixing icing sugar with lemon juice, dip in each biscuit until covered.

9. Add sprinkles or decorations to suit your taste.

10. Eat them all or give them to your friends!




I couldn't resist covering mine in sprinkles. I decided to wrap them up as a gift, I think they're pretty sweet. And tasty too!




If you have posted any recipes let me know, I have 10 days off work and lots of time to cook and bake :)
xx



(this recipe originated from bbcgoodfood.com)

3 comments:

  1. these look gorgeous! might try making them tomorrow! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look yummmmm! i must go and buy some lemons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! These biscuits come hihgly recommended by the birds in my garden, they scoffed the crumbs, little fatties ;)

    Let me know what you think! x

    ReplyDelete