Sunday, 14 August 2011

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, I Love You...










Some of you may have already heard about the cat who has adopted us. This is him above.

We recently moved to a new house and on moving day found this gorgeous grey kitty sitting outside our door. He kept coming back and was a bit of permanent fixture around our little row of houses (more so when I started buying cat food!). After some investigating, our new neighbours told us he has no owner and essentially just belongs to the street.

We also found out the hard way that being an outdoor cat means he has a very wild streak and ended up with a fair few scratches and bites trying to become his friend!


After much perseverance and more than a few cat nip treats he and I are now best buddies. My boyfriend named him Hippo on account of him being big and grey and now every morning and evening he comes by for cuddles and food. Hippo is happy spending the day curled up on the carpet asleep or trying to climb into my cupboards to find more food... I am completely in love with him. He spends so much time coming to see us I think we are his new mummy and daddy. I've even had to stop him following me to work a few times.






...Which explains this little drawing of us having one of our cuddles (carefully, he still has his mad moments!). I think my neighbours must think I am the crazy cat lady! Every day I have full blown conversations with my Hippo cat and have been known to answer his meowing calls at midnight by getting out of bed to provide snuggles and snacks.




Obviously it was only going ot be a matter of time before he made an appearance in my work of course! This grey cat is in honour of little Hippo looking handsome and majestic in the foliage.

Now available in my shop, take a peek if you fancy a little Hippo of your own! xx

1 comment: