Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Hello Strangers!







Hello again! It has been a while since my last post as I have been moving in to my house and the internet is yet to arrive.

Finally my studio is set up and I feel so excited having a proper work space again after what seems a lifetime!
I have managed to get a little bit of work done and redrawn and coloured some old images as I wanted to add them to my portfolio. These are from a children's book I was working on:


In other news, last week I went to the D&AD New Blood exhibition in Brick Lane as I had been chosen to meet with some people from the industry for a portfolio review. I got to meet three members of the team from Jelly London and had a great chat about my work and got some really good feedback which was lovely! My 'Mousie's Special Book of Seasonal Eating' dummy book was also due to be at the show but somehow my tutors lost it and so it never made it to the show. Disappointing stuff! My tutor was really apologetic about it and to be honest with moving house I had so much to worry about anyway that I just let it go, seems some things are not meant to be :(

In other news today is an exciting day, I have a meeting with a publisher and am also going to SMUG's 2nd birthday celebrations in Islington this evening. Shall update you with tonight's events soon!

1 comment: