Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Call For Submissions - Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraiser

This is probably one of the more important projects I ever decided to complete and one that means the most to me.

After thinking about it for a while I have decided to bite the bullet and raise some money for Macmillan, an amazing charity who do a wonderful job helping people affected by cancer.

To be honest, I think most people have been affected by cancer in one way or another but it is only when it became my everyday life that I really appreciated the brilliant job this organisation and the NHS cancer nurses are able to do.

Last March my boyfriend was diagnosed with cancer and following various operations and greulling chemotherapy, was able to come through the other side and be given the all clear at the end of the year. I wouldn't wish those few months of our lives on my worst enemy, it's a horrible horrible thing to live through. My boyfriend's Macmillan nurse, Wendy, was amazing and it seems fitting to help those who are in a similar position to ours by raising money for such a worthwhile cause.

SO.... THE PLAN!


A simple online auction seems a great way for illustrators, artists and designers to come together and is an idea I saw come to life in the appeal for funds for Japan.

Participants will need to donate a piece of artwork by post for me to upload and sell on their behalf.
I will arrange the auction and send all sold pieces to the buyers.


Every penny made goes to Macmillan :)

To register your interest in participating - and for me to send further details - please send an email titled MACMILLAN to
stacieswift@hotmail.com

For more information on Macmillan please visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Tell your friends!!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacie, This is a great idea, I would love to get involved! I will email you my details..

    Lindsey xx

    www.lindseyspinksblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete