Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Wedding Invitation Commission

A while ago my gorgeous friend Zerin commissioned me to design her wedding invitations.
After much discussion and many hours sat at my desk this was what I came up with:

Today I came home to find the finished product had arrived - so exciting!


The floral pattern and monogram details have been separated and embossed in silver across the envelope.
And these two images above show how the design has been transferred to the real deal! It looks lovely, the silver embossing (which wasn't really showing up using my camera) is a gorgeous transition from my black and white pen drawing. Zerin has done a wonderful job in developing the drawing into something truly beautiful.

Finally the inner cards and envelope also bear the bride and groom's personalised monogram, I am pleased that this works in holding the different aspects of the invitation together in an interesting but personal way.
This was a project I really enjoyed that was definitely worth the hard work! I feel very lucky to have played a small part in the preparation of their wedding day and can't wait for the big event to take place!!



No comments:

Post a Comment