Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Book Cover - Enduring Love


First project back at uni is to illustrate a set of 3 book covers plus slip case. From the list we were given to choose from I picked Ian McEwan's Enduring Love, Atonement (both of which I had read already) and Saturday. Definitely worth the read they are quite psychological and tense but once you get into them they are very gripping stories!
Anyhow, back to the point, I've really struggled when it comes to book cover design before - and something about this project overwhelmed me completely - however, after a talking to from my tutor about how ridiculous that was and after a long day sat at my desk I feel like I've broken the barriers.
This is my first design. It may still have some changes to come but overall I am happy with how it's looking...And I am going to show my tutor tomorrow and home she's happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment